- This event has passed.
Individual Artists Program
The Individual Artists Program supports the artistic development of B.C. First Nations, First Nations, Métis and Inuit creators residing in B.C. with a creative practice of any medium or expression and who have demonstrated a commitment to their artistic practice. This program offers funding for two areas:
- Individual Artists (up to $20,000): Funding supports artists to expand their portfolio, explore new approaches and techniques, connect with community and further develop their creative practices.
- Scholarships (up to$15,000): The scholarship funding will support applicants enrolled in an arts program at a post-secondary institution.Learn more on their website:Individual Artists Program – First Peoples Cultural Council (fpcc.ca)
Arts Strengthening Program
The Arts Strengthening Program supports arts revitalization opportunities for one-on-one arts mentorships or arts group knowledge transfer.
- One-on-one Arts Mentorships (Up to $30,000):This option supports artist apprentices to pursue a one-on-one mentorship with an established artist mentor in their desired creative expression
- Arts Group Knowledge Transfer (Up to $50,000): This option supports artists and B.C. First Nations arts and culture organizations in their arts revitalization efforts through group workshops with an established mentor. This option supports cultural creative expressions, for example weaving, carving, beading, dancing, storytelling, regalia, drumming and more.
- Learn more on their website:Arts Strengthening Program – First Peoples Cultural Council (fpcc.ca)
Arts Infrastructure Program
The Arts Infrastructure Program supports B.C. First Nations community organizations and First Nations led non-profit arts and culture organizations and societies with art spaces, construction or renovations, artistic production projects, administrative capacity building and operational assistance.
- Organizations (Up to $50,000): This area supports B.C. First Nations communities and organizations with artistic production, administrative capacity building and operational assistance.
- Community Arts Spaces (Up to $75,000): ) – This area supports B.C. First Nations communities and organizations with the development and enhancement of community arts and culture spaces.
- Arts Administrator Internships (Up to $40,000): This area supports the transfer of knowledge to develop skills and increase capacity for arts administrators in a museum or art setting.
- See all application details: Arts Infrastructure Program – First Peoples Cultural Council (fpcc.ca)
The Music Program supports the development of B.C. First Nations, First Nations, Inuit and Metis music creatives, and professionals residing in B.C. through grants and training programs.
The Music Program supports activities that can lead to professional development opportunities, cultural knowledge transfer and community well-being. This program offers three areas of funding:
- Creation & Sharing (Up to $20,000): Supporting individual artists in music creation, performance, recording, touring and promotion.
- Recording Engineers – Mentorship (Up to $30,000): Supporting emerging recording engineers who are operating an independent recording studio OR emerging recording engineers who have graduated from a recognized professional recording school or a minimum of one year experience in a recording studio.
- Industry Professionals – Internship or Mentorship (Up to $20,000): Supporting emerging music industry professionals in the roles of administrator, agent, promoter, manager, event organizer or presenter. Short-term Mentorship or Internship opportunities that will position applicants to gain experience, skills and knowledge.
- See all application details: Music Program – First Peoples Cultural Council (fpcc.ca)