Vancouver Aboriginal Child and Family Services Society (VACFSS) is a non-profit society providing service to urban Indigenous children and families living in the Greater Vancouver area. Our focus is on building a stronger community and better outcomes for the children and families we serve.
We are governed by a board of directors who are chosen by our society members. We offer a chance for members of the community to support our mission, vision, and mandate by joining our society. Membership with VACFSS is a means by which Indigenous people can exercise their right to improve their world and that of Indigenous children and families.
Member eligibility is outlined in section 2.3 of the Society’s Bylaws. To be eligible to be a voting member, you must:
- Is nineteen (19) years of age or older;
- Is Aboriginal;
- Is not a client of the Society, nor a parent, foster parent or anyone in loco parentis to a client of the Society;
- If a former client, parent, foster parent or anyone in loco parentis to a client of the Society, has ceased to be so for at least two (2) years prior to making his or her application for membership;
- Is not involved in any proceeding pursuant to the Child, Family and Community Services Act of British Columbia;
- Is not an employee of the Society nor a Spouse or member of the Immediate Family of an employee of the Society;
- If a former employee of the Society, has ceased employment with the Society at least two (2) years prior to making his or her application for membership;
- Is not a director, officer or employee of any agency, association, club, society or organization with which the Society contracts; and
- Is interested in advancing the purposes and supporting the activities of the Society.
Become A Member
If you are interested in becoming a member of VACFSS, please fill out our membership form. Member benefits include opportunities to network and learn from other community members, hear about events and opportunities and the agency and eligibility to run on the board of directors.
Any questions regarding becoming a member may be addressed to the Executive Assistant.