Job: Administrative Assistants
Hours of Work: 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday
Closing: Open until positions are filled
Union Position: Delegated Salary: $21.83-$24.59 per hour
At VACFSS, we ensure that the rights, safety, well-being and spirit of Aboriginal children and families are upheld, honoured and protected. We strive to eliminate oppression, discrimination and marginalization within our community. We acknowledge and honour the inherent wisdom, capacity and resourcefulness of our community in designing programs and services to care for our own children and families. Accordingly, we are dedicated to planning, developing, and implementing creative and innovative Aboriginal programs and services in collaboration with members of our community and other agencies.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Reporting to the Supervisors of Administrative Services the Administrative Assistants provide administrative supports to provide a variety of confidential and professional administrative support services to the Program’s departments and teams. Some of the administrative duties will include maintaining files, preparing documentation, correspondence, reports and other information as required, utilizing various computer applications; and reception coverage as needed. These functions and all other duties should be performed in a courteous, professional manner. The incumbent will be task orientated and demonstrate effective teamwork skills, initiative, organizational abilities and great interpersonal skills. In addition, the successful candidate will communicate and interact with children and families in accordance with the Agency’s values.
Education, Training and Experience:
- A diploma in an administrative program; and◊Experience in providing administrative support in a similar environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.Job Skills and Abilities: ◊Proficiency in using Windows based computer applications including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Work, Word,and PowerPoint) and other standard computer applications.
- An ability to quickly learn new computer applications and programs.
- Ability to type 50 wpm keyboarding is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain filing systems.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with team members, other VACFSS colleagues, and personnel of other agencies in the community.
- Ability to work with clients in a respectful and culturally-sensitive manner.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills. ◊Good written and verbal communication skills.
Interested applicants may apply by using the following link: Apply Online.
Preference may be given to qualified Aboriginal candidates per Section 41 of the Human Rights Code.