- Work with an Agency that provides holistic services to culturally and spiritually strengthen Aboriginal families.
- Receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package!
- Take on a challenging role that provides membership in the Public Service Pension Plan!
At VACFSS, we ensure that the rights, safety, well-being and spirit of Aboriginal children and families are upheld, honoured and protected. We strive to eliminate oppression, discrimination and marginalization within our community. We acknowledge and honour the inherent wisdom, capacity and resourcefulness of our community in designing programs and services to care for our own children and families. Accordingly, we are dedicated to planning, developing, and implementing creative and innovative Aboriginal programs and services in collaboration with members of our community and other agencies.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This position is a blended Administrative Assistant role providing Administrative Support to Family Preservation 3 days per week and Infrastructure 2 days per week (1 day in Finance – 1 day in Human Resources).
For Family Preservation, reporting to the Office Supervisor, the position provides administrative and programs support to a team of Counsellors, Coordinators, Team Leaders and the Program Manager who are responsible for Program services. The main purpose of Family Preservation is to provide short term support services to families in crisis as well as programs support. Key duties and responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- Maintain client files, program information, data entry, providing switchboard duties as well as utilizing various computer applications.
- Respond to requests from Leadership from time to time.
- Provide professional and skilled support to the group in a professional manner.
- Provide services to clients and visitors such as stakeholders and community partners visiting the office.
- Other duties consistent with a Grid 9 Delegated Programs Administrative Assistant may be assigned.
For Infrastructure, reporting to the appointed person in each Department, the position provides administrative support to each team one day per week. Key duties and responsibilities include, but not be limited to:
- Assist with maintaining department files, program information, data entry
- Utilize various computer applications
- Respond to requests from the team on an as needed basis.
These duties should be performed in a courteous manner and require working collaboratively in a team environment. A complete job description will be provided during the interview process.
- A diploma in an administrative program; with
- Five years of experience in providing administrative support in a similar environment; and
- Proficiency in using Windows based computer applications including spreadsheets (Excel), word processing (Word), and other standard computer applications; and
- Ability to key 50 wpm; and
- Knowledge of and an ability to maintain filing systems;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in using Windows based computer applications including MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Work, Word, and PowerPoint) and other standard computer applications.
- An ability to quickly learn new computer applications and programs.
- Ability to type 50 wpm keyboarding is required.
- Knowledge of and ability to maintain filing systems.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with team members, other VACFSS colleagues, and personnel of other agencies in the community.
- Ability to work with clients in a respectful and culturally-sensitive manner.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
ABOUT THE BENEFITS:
In exchange for your contributions to VACFSS, you will receive a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Medical, extended health, and dental
- Group life
- 100% employer-paid premiums
- 3 weeks of vacation
- Eligible for the VACFSS flex program after passing probation
- Membership in the Public Service Pension Plan
- VACFSS has implemented a comprehensive safety plan that is reviewed regularly which includes use of PPE, physical distancing, and a daily check-in screening process.
- This position will be located at 745 Clark Drive – remote work will not be available.
Applications will only be considered from Indigenous candidates as per Section 41 of the Human Rights Code.